Vice President of Mission Advancement
Department: Mission Advancement
Reports To: CEO/President
Status: Exempt (Salaried Position)
The Vice President of Mission Advancement will report directly to the CEO/President and be responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of comprehensive fund development and marketing operations while leading the Fund Development, Marketing, and Brand & Creative teams. The VP of Mission Advancement will create and oversee strategies and process of organizational communication and fund solicitation in support of the Kingdom Workers (KW) global mission. Additionally, the VP of Mission Advancement will work with the CEO to collaboratively create and maintain the Christ-focused and Great Commission-driven culture of the Kingdom Workers organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek input from the CEO/President and the KW Board of Directors regarding the ministry goals and the financial and communication needs of current and future KW programs.
- Lead the strategic planning, implementation, execution, assessment, and integration of the Fund Development, Brand & Creative, and Marketing departments.
- Develop an annual plan of work, including campaigns, external communication, fundraising, and prospect development goals with emphasis on achieving and exceeding established standards and performance metrics.
- Develop, lead, and manage all fund development, recruitment, brand & creative, and marketing co-workers.
- Personally manage a portfolio of foundation, major, and leadership gift donors and prospects. Take timely and strategic steps in moving prospects through the major gift cycle of identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Lead the Fund Development team to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts of all types and sizes from individuals, corporations, and foundations, while practicing continual donor care.
- Execute activities which generate planned and estate giving.
- Collaborate with the Director of Data Analytics and Evaluation to design accurate data analysis, make decisions using the data, and take action with respect to donor and constituent treatment.
- Lead all KW Public Relations operations.
- Lead the Brand & Creative team to manage the development & communications calendar, producing solicitations, a case for support, and recruitment messages on all channels.
- Attend, invite, entertain guests, and perhaps manage special events associated with advancing the mission of KW.
- Plan and manage the development of communications, marketing, and fund development competencies among our international KW partner organizations.
- Work with KW board directors to involve each director in fund development activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Necessary Characteristics
- Minimum of seven years of professional fund development experience of various giving types, with demonstrated ability to successfully solicit major gifts.
- Minimum of seven years of professional communication and public relations experience, demonstrating the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, building strong relationships within a diverse constituency of donors, volunteers, strategic partners, and co-workers.
- Minimum of seven years of professional leadership experience, with evidence of strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with multiple work groups.
- A zealous passion for connecting people to Jesus, a commitment to outreach and discipleship of mission volunteers and donors, good stewardship, and creating a work environment which honors Jesus and the mission of KW.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, demonstrate attention to detail, and possess strong organizational and management skills.
- Must be a member in good standing of a church formally affiliated with the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference.
- Reside near or willing to relocate near the KW office in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Valid Passport required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Ability to travel by road, air or other means as may be encountered in a developing country.
- Ability to happily spend time and work in conditions that may occasionally be deemed primitive.
- Ability to lift and /or move up to 30 pounds.
- Frequently required to walk, sit and stand.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk and hear.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.