Regional Development Director - Southwest
Department: Mission Advancement
Reports To: VP of Mission Advancement
Status: Full-time, Salaried
The Regional Development Officer—Southwest is responsible for maintaining and cultivating relationships with current regional donor portfolio as well as identifying prospective donors in assigned region.
- This means we regularly share our faith with others. The Great Commission is our mission, and our role is to equip and encourage others to do the same.
- We keep Christ central through active participation in and contribution to the spiritual growth of the organization, maintaining God-pleasing relationships with all co-workers, volunteers, donors, and partners.
- Every person, and position, is eagerly looking for opportunities to directly mobilize ministry though our volunteers and donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with current regional donor portfolio.
- Identify prospective donors in assigned region.
- Solicitation of gifts for Kingdom Workers.
- Introduce the CEO of Kingdom Workers to major current or prospective donors where appropriate.
- Represent Kingdom Workers occasionally at events and congregations as feasible.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Characteristics
- Must be a member in good standing with a church formally affiliated with the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference. For more information click here.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Skilled at public relations and public speaking.
- Ability to ensure all documents and records are property maintained, and a willingness to provide continual reporting of activity and results.
- Ability to participate in a work environment that fosters open and honest two-way communication.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and deliver quality results on time, while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Be comfortable with the use of technology and software platforms.
- Have proven ability to work cross-culturally while building relationships and working collaboratively with others.
Location and Travel Expectations
- Position is based in Phoenix or Tucson, Arizona.
- Position can be remote as approved by management.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Ability to travel by road, air or other means as may be encountered in a developing country.
- Ability to happily spend time and work in remote areas.
- Valid passport, or ability to obtain one, required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently required to walk, sit, stand, and/or lift up to 30 pounds.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk and hear.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions including outdoor exposure.
- Occasional exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities or physical restrictions to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, abilities, duties, and requirements necessary to perform the primary functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.