Human Resource Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Finance
The Human Resource Coordinator will report to the Kingdom Workers (KW) Director of Finance. The responsibilities of this role include administration and maintenance of human resources activities and programs, including staffing, compensation, benefits, training, and workplace safety. Duties will also include general support to the operations department at the direction of the Director of Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and updates employee handbooks, process documentation, and other similar departmental assets in both domestic and international context.
- Administers health and benefit plans in conjunction with our benefit partners, domestically and internationally as applicable.
- Responds to employee benefit questions, assists with resolution of problems regarding benefits, and processes enrollment forms and change requests.
- Ensures accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains that they are current.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Processes and submits payroll information and troubleshoots payroll issues.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits, or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview processes.
- Tracks status of candidates and responds with follow up correspondence at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Director of Finance.
- Makes photocopies, faxes, scans documents, and performs other clerical functions.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence.
- Prepares new employee files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education, Experience, and Characteristics
- A true passion for reaching the lost, a commitment to facilitating excellence in program and process delivery, good stewardship, and creating a work environment that fosters open and honest communication.
- Acceptance and commitment to our Statement of Faith.
- Proven ability to work cross-culturally, collaboratively, and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and deliver quality results on time while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Plan, delegate, and organize tasks to consistently produce results, with minimal supervision
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable with the use of technology and software platforms including but not limited to MS Office suite and cloud-based payroll and benefits. Experience with systems integration a plus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Ability and willingness to travel, both internationally and domestically, by road, air, or other means as may be needed.
- Ability and willingness to spend time and work in conditions that may occasionally be deemed primitive.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Frequently required to walk, sit, and stand.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk and hear.
- Ability to work at the Kingdom Workers office in Waukesha, WI (highly preferred); ability at a minimum to travel to the Kingdom Workers office in Waukesha, WI regularly (required).
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- US. Passport or ability to obtain one is required.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
If you have any questions, please contact James Garrison at email@example.com
About Kingdom Workers
Kingdom Workers spreads the gospel by mobilizing Christians in locally sustainable mission work, addressing the physical and spiritual needs of communities worldwide. Learn more about us here.