Department: Brand and Creative
Reports To: Director of Brand and Creative
Status: Exempt (Salaried, Full-time)
Date posted: February 18, 2021
The ideal candidate for this position is highly creative with the ability to develop design solutions within an established set of brand guidelines. They have strong project management skills and a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teammates and cross-functional coworkers. Most of all, the Designer must possess the ability to design strategically for the end-user while referring to the project brief and concept. This position can work remotely anywhere within the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design printed materials (annual report, magazines, booklets, flyers, direct mail, etc.) and prepare files for print production, including both planned materials on the annual content calendar and ad hoc requests.
- Create, retouch, and/or resize photos and graphics for digital use in emails, social channels, videos, the website, ads, etc.
- Typeset and design responsive layouts for website pages and marketing emails.
- Propose and create fresh designs for branded merchandise and physical products.
- Prepare and deploy easy-to-use templates for staff.
- Organize and maintain the digital asset management system: adding metadata and keywords, preparing photos for upload, keeping collateral up to date, etc.
- Pitch new creative ideas and concepts to support the development and evolution of the visual brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Necessary Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Ability to work independently: meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, strong attention to detail, and actively developing solutions to problems.
- Ability to work cross-functionally: understanding, supporting, and furthering the goals of other teams and departments.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills.
- Experience working within established brand guidelines and standards.
- Experience working closely with printers—reviewing proofs and understanding the production process, for example.
- Experience designing creatively and effectively within the constraints of a website CMS and email marketing system.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Valid Passport required or able to be obtained
- Ability to travel by road, air, or other means as may be encountered in a developing country
- Ability to happily spend time and work in conditions that may occasionally be deemed primitive
- Ability to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequently required to walk, sit and stand
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk and hear
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasional exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- Valid Driver’s License required
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary for this position.
If you have any questions, please contact Meghan Brondos at email@example.com.