Foster Support Coordinator - Waukesha/Milwaukee County
Department: Kingdom Workers Programs
Reports To: Director of Family Support Services
Status: Full-time Exempt
The Mission Worker shall report to the Kingdom Workers Director of Family Support Services. The responsibilities of this role include leading the development, implementation, and management of all Kingdom Workers foster support program activity in Southeast Wisconsin, primarily Waukesha and Milwaukee County.
Please read this study to learn more about the concept of Ministry Partner Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee all Family Care Teams serving foster families in Waukesha/Milwaukee County, Wisconsin.
- Maintain a strong relationship with all congregation partners.
- In collaboration with the Recruitment Director and Director of Family Support Services, recruit, engage, and manage all local volunteers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Family Care Team Leaders and serve as a liaison for local volunteers with the rest of the Kingdom Workers organization, ensuring they receive timely and appropriate information.
- In collaboration with Family Care Teams and congregation partners, identify and execute collection “drives” to support local agencies and foster families.
- In collaboration with local agencies (i.e. County Human Services, Children’s Hospital Community Services) identify and implement ongoing training opportunities for foster parents, volunteers, and biological families.
- In collaboration with the Ministry Partner Development (MPD) Coordinator, develop and maintain relationships with your personal support network.
- Collaborate with the Brand & Creative Department to capture program outcomes and photos, and ensure appropriately branded communication pieces are delivered to your support network.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Director of Family Support Services to budget and transact program activities in compliance with Kingdom Workers financial policy and practices.
- Coordinate the with Director of Finance and Director of Family Support Services to ensure Kingdom Workers’ liability and risk management is properly positioned for all volunteer activity.
- Maintain and execute a personal plan of ongoing professional development.
- Perform all activity in a God-pleasing manner and promote a productive organizational environment and Christian atmosphere.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Provide direction, management, and leadership to all local volunteers, and visiting volunteers as appropriate.
Education, Experience, and Characteristics
- A true passion for reaching the lost, a commitment to outreach and discipleship of mission volunteers, good stewardship, and creating a work environment that fosters open and honest two-way communication.
- Innovation – open-mindedness to creatively handle challenges in different ways, to increase number of people served and number of local volunteers serving each year.
- A college degree in Social Work, Human Development and Family Studies, or other relevant field is desirable.
- Reside in or near Waukesha or Milwaukee County.
- Excellent executive communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated management and interpersonal skills; analytical and strategic planning abilities.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple priorities.
- Skilled at public relations and conflict/problem resolution.
- Able to ensure all documents and records are properly maintained, and a willingness to provide reports to all who have a vested interest or a need to know.
- Experience leading volunteers is a plus.
- Must be a member in good standing of a church formally affiliated with the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference (WELS, ELS, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License and auto insurance required.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment
- Ability to travel by road, air or other means as may be encountered in a developing country.
- Ability to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to walk, sit and stand.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk and hear.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.