Director of International Programs
Reports To: President & CEO
Status: Exempt (Salaried Position)
The Director of International Programs will report directly to the President & CEO and be responsible for leading the development and execution of all Kingdom Workers community ministry programs outside the USA, and all associated functions. Additionally, the Director of International Programs will work with the President & CEO and other Directors to collaboratively create and maintain the Christ-focused and Great Commission-driven culture and environment of the Kingdom Workers organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and support all International Kingdom Workers programs.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for new areas of Kingdom Workers international programs as well as sustainable expansion of existing Kingdom Workers international programs.
- Collaborate with the Director of Analytics and Evaluation to ensure a formal program evaluation process is maintained and used for international program improvement as well as decisions with respect to additions or eliminations of international programs.
- Globally recruit and develop all Kingdom Workers international programs staff.
- Ensure proper accountability practices are used and enforced among all Kingdom Workers international programs staff.
- Represent Kingdom Workers to partners and prospective ministry partners.
- Conduct all activities so as to engender good domestic and global public relations.
- Assist the President & CEO, as needed, in presenting program opportunities to major donors.
- Develop and maintain collaborative, cooperative, and God-pleasing relationships with both foreign and U.S. church leaders.
- Learn from and utilize best practices used by other similar organizations.
- Be available for collaboration and cooperative planning with any affiliated church entity or administrator with which Kingdom Workers is in doctrinal fellowship.
- Collaborate with the Director of Kingdom Workers Construction to align construction programming with ongoing international programs.
- Participate in formal training of Ministry Partner Development and encourage staff members in support raising.
- Work with other Kingdom Workers senior leadership to make strategic decisions at the organizational level.
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO.
Required Education, Experience and Necessary Characteristics
- A bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a relevant field required.
- Excellent executive communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills that create a work environment that fosters open and honest two-way communication.
- Experience in deploying human and financial resources towards key mission goals.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning abilities.
- Proven ability to work cross-culturally, collaboratively, and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Able to think strategically and capable of creatively implementing programs to achieve measurable goals for developing community impact programs in a cross-cultural environment.
- A true passion for reaching the lost, a commitment to outreach and discipleship of mission volunteers, and good stewardship.
- Skill in identifying and seizing upon innovative methods to deliver the defined goals and objectives prescribed by the Kingdom Workers Board of Directors.
- Ability to work well under pressure, reliably meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must be a member in good standing of a church formally affiliated with the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference.
- Valid Passport required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment
- Ability to travel by road, air or other means as may be encountered in a developing country.
- Ability to happily spend time and work in conditions that may occasionally be deemed primitive.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to walk, sit, and stand.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk and hear.
- occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasional exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
If you have any questions, please contact Chad Ellwein at email@example.com.