Build Up Project Manager
Department: Kingdom Workers Construction (US Programs)
Reports To: Director of Kingdom Workers Construction
Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Date posted: March 5, 2021
The Build Up Project Manager will lead project management for the Build Up program at multiple locations. This project manager will share Jesus with volunteers and those being served. Other key responsibilities will include managing material acquisition for upcoming projects, planning, and scheduling projects, working on-site with youth and local volunteers, and building strong relationships with youth and partner organizations. This position will allow for the rapid expansion of the Build Up program to new locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction activities with organizations served.
- Collaborate with volunteers and partner organizations to address all project needs.
- Teach construction-related skills to youth and others served.
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to all participants.
- Open each day with devotion with participants and volunteers.
- Plan construction processes.
- Manage budget and expenses associated with the program.
- Develop schedule/timeline for the project(s) and develop plans for the continuation of construction activities.
- Develop reporting process for project progress.
- Responsible for site safety
- Coordinate tooling, materials, and deliveries.
- Manage tooling and trailers.
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly.
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies.
- Manage schedules across multiple organizations served.
- Report weekly to Director of Kingdom Workers Construction on the project(s) progress, challenges, needs.
- Located in Southeastern or Central Wisconsin. Able to travel multiple times a week to on-site locations in the following areas: Milwaukee, Appleton, and more.
Ministry Partner Development (MPD)
- Build and maintain a community of supporters who embrace your work, are engaged in outcomes, and support your success through their prayers and donations.
- Attend training and work with the MPD Coach who supports you as you generate and maintain financial support for your mission.
- Raise a set amount in support annually.
- Regularly update your support network about the impact of and challenges to your ministry.
- Click here for a short description of MPD.
Education, Experience, and Characteristics
- A true passion for reaching the lost, a commitment to outreach and discipleship of mission volunteers, good stewardship, and creating a work environment that fosters open and honest two-way communication.
- Previous experience as a construction superintendent or similar role
- Organizational/Construction management knowledge, including customer relations, project development, budgeting, and implementation
- Knowledge of local quality & safety guidelines for construction job sites
- In-depth understanding of construction operations and processes
- Ability to work with at-risk youth.
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to read prints.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Excellent executive communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated management and interpersonal skills; analytical and strategic planning abilities; and experience in deploying human and financial resources towards construction projects.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Skilled at public relations and conflict/problem resolution.
- Able to ensure all documents and records are properly maintained.
- Valid Passport required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Ability to travel by road, air, or other means as may be encountered in a developing country.
- Ability to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to walk, sit and stand.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk and hear.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary for this position.
If you have any questions, please contact Jeff Ulman at firstname.lastname@example.org.