Americas Regional Director
Department: Mission Programs
Reports To: VP of Mission Programs
Status: Full-time, Salaried
The key aspect of this role is leading the execution and development of Kingdom Workers (“KW”) mission programs in the Americas (currently encompassing work in the United States and Grenada; exploratory work in other countries).
Effective date: January 2024
- Regularly share your faith with others. The Great Commission is our mission, and our role is to equip and encourage others to do the same.
- Keep Christ central. Actively participate in and contribute to the spiritual growth of the organization by maintaining God-pleasing relationships with all co-workers, volunteers, donors, and partners.
- Mobilization is ministry. Every person and position is eagerly looking for opportunities to directly mobilize volunteers and donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement a strategic plan for KW mission programs in the Americas, ensuring alignment with organization and Mission Program goals
- Optimize and grow KW mission programs in the Americas. Provide valuable and insightful direction to your direct reports regarding program development and volunteer management
- Create and manage the Americas Mission Programs budget
- Lead and develop direct reports, ensuring they are meeting their goals, staying engaged and professionally developing
- Be proactive in providing development opportunities for your direct reports
- Implement best practices in your field of work based on peer organizations and best-in-class research.
- Share learnings with your team and involve them in the process
- Be involved in partnerships and new field opportunities as requested by Organizational Development team
- Collaborate and learn from other KW Regional Directors
- Ensure team alignment with KW operations policies and procedures
- Liaise with the Executive Director of the Meros Center to conduct research and provide education opportunities for KW Americas mission programs team
- Build unity and comradery among the Americas Mission Programs team and the rest of KW
- Foster a sense of trust and respect for individual expertise and responsibilities
- Visit program locations to see work first-hand, build relationships and achieve other visit-specific objectives
- Participate as a member of the KW Leadership Team, providing insight and leadership to KW
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Characteristics
- Must be a member in good standing with a church formally affiliated with the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference. For more information click here.
- 5+ years of work experience helping meet the physical or mental needs of people (ex. Christian international relief or development, work with at-risk families in the U.S., youth mentoring, etc.)
- 5+ years of leadership and people management experience, with a demonstrated ability to drive results and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people
- Minimum of intermediate Spanish-speaking skills, with willingness to advance skills
- Strong strategic planning and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability and drive to use data to inform program improvements and innovations
- Experience with the following is helpful but not required: church partnership development, volunteer mobilization, and growth strategies
- Ability to participate in a work environment that fosters open and honest two-way communication
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and deliver quality results on time, while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Be comfortable with the use of technology and software platforms
- Have proven ability to work cross-culturally while building relationships and working collaboratively with others
Location and Travel Expectations
- Position is based in the KW home office in Waukesha, WI
- Position is preferred to be onsite, but not required
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Ability to travel by road, air or other means as may be encountered in a developing country
- Ability to happily spend time and work in remote areas
- Valid passport, or ability to obtain one, required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Frequently required to walk, sit, stand, and/or lift up to 30 pounds
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk and hear
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions including outdoor exposure
- Occasional exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities or physical restrictions to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, abilities, duties, and requirements necessary to perform the primary functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.